LIFE 4°C is an advanced, high performance corneal preservation solution designed for today’s eye banking needs and optimum surgical outcome. LIFE4C provides excellent endothelial and epithelial preservation with minimal corneal swelling during storage.
LIFE 4°C is a sterile, 30 ml, non-pyrogenic, advanced buffered corneal preservation medium which is supplemented with chondroitin sulfate (membrane stabilizer), recombinant human insulin (cell metabolism enhancer), Dextran (osmotic agent), glutathione (antioxidant, free-radical scavenger, enzyme
cofactor), stabilized L-glutamine, ATP precursors, nutrient cell supplements, amino acids, vitamins, trace elements, gentamicin, streptomycin and phenol red (pH indicator).
LIFE4OC is a bio-compatible, advanced corneal preservation medium for storage of human corneal suitable for keratoplasty for up to 14 days under refrigeration (2-8OC).
LIFE4C consists of Minimum essential medium as the base medium which is the cell culture
Other important components include:
- Chondroitin sulfate – acts as membrane stabilizer
- Recombinant human insulin – cell metabolism enhancer and growth factor
- Dextran 40 – Deturgescent agent
- ATP Precursors – Provides ready energy to cornea cells
- Non – essential amino acids – Maintenance of cell natural environment
- Glutathione – antioxidant, free radical scavenger
- Sodium bicarbonate and HEPES buffer – pH
- Additional supplements – Stabilized L- Glutamine, additional anti-oxidants,
micronutrients, trace elements, vitamins and coenzymes.
LIFE4C is proved to be 45 % better than Optisol GS in a 92 paired human corneal study. The study supports LIFE4C providing the below advantages:
- Endothelial cell preservation
- Epithelial cell preservation
- 30 ml volume for greater nutrient availability and reduced waste product concentration
- Corneal thickness
- Corneal folds and striae
- Corneal cutting
- Exportation of corneas
- Surgical tissue handling
- Dual antibiotics to reduce the risk of endophthalmitis.
- LIFE 4°C components are the highest available quality and are non-pyrogenic.
- No bovine / porcine / ovine derived components, to prevent BSE / TSE prion transmission.
TRANSEND – corneal storage, viewing and transport system
TRANSEND a new corneal storage, viewing and transport system. Designed for performance to meet the challenges of extended storage, specular microscopy and shipping.
- 30 mL VOLUME – greater nutrient availability, reduces waste concentration.
- CORNEA HELDS SECURLY during storage and transport
- “SWOOSH” FACTOR – flushes cellular debris and air bubbles from endothelial surface
- UNBREAKABLE – Alcohol compatible Gamma irradiated, no ETO residuals
- E-Z OPEN CAP with large knurls and double leads.
- CLASSIC VI MEDICAL GRADE virgin resins, NO bisphenol A
- OPEN CRADLE for easy corneal placement and centering in chamber
There are no known contraindications when used as directed.
NOT INTENDED FOR DIRECT INJECTION OR INTRAVENOUS INFUSION
LIFE4oC is available in 30 mL PETG bottles/ HDPE caps packaged in units of 12. TRANSEND corneal viewing chambers are included with each order of LIFE4OC.
SHIPS IN MULTIPLES OF 1, 6 and 12 DOZEN
LIFE4°C has to be stored at 2- 8° C and to be shipped with TRANSEND.